Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday Smoke! A Fatty and Pulled Pork!






Today, Super Bowl Sunday, I am smoking a pork roast to make some pulled pork and a "fatty." For you hippies, a "fatty" is a sausage roll wrapped around some stuff, like cheese and peppers. The picture above shows you the Fatty I made this morning. It consists of a Jimmy Dean sage sausage roll flattened out (rub with some olive oil before doing that, and also let it cool down outside the fridge for a little while before doing it). Then, I put some thin slices of Jarlsberg cheese it in, covered with some feta cheese mixed with garlic, and then some slices of jalapeno and Anaheim chili peppers.


To smoke it, I will put it on the grill (with my pork roast, which has been going since early this morning) about 2 o'clock this afternoon. I am maintaining a smoker temperature of about 240 degrees. The fatty will take about 90 minutes, until it reaches an interal temperature of about 165 degrees. For you non-smokers, you must have one or two internal probes--that's how you know when to take off any kind of meat (although I don't use them for fish or ribs).

1 comment:

tstjgrasso said...

We'll try this at our next BBQ contest for a snack. Thanks